CSME would like to invite Canadian engineering undergraduate students to take part in the 2020 CSME National Design Competition. This competition will showcase outstanding undergraduate student Capstone design projects from across Canada, with a focus on Social Impact, Tackling Climate Change and Technical Expertise in Mechanical Engineering
Submission Form Available April 1, 2020
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2020
Official Announcement: June 24, 2020
Official Announcement will occur simultaneously at the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering International Congress Banquet and Online.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Greatest Potential for Social Impact ($500)
- Capacity for Combating Climate Change ($500)
- Technical Prowess in Mechanical Engineering ($500)
- Projects can be submitted by individuals or teams of up to 8 students.
- All team members must be registered students, or have been registered students in an engineering program at a Canadian university in 2019-20.
- Projects must be completed as part of a Capstone type course.
Students are required to submit a short package via an online form that will outline the goals of the project, the design approach taken, the technical challenges and impact of their design.
Additionally, students should submit a poster or short video giving more details of their project.
Judging will be done by a panel of distinguished judges, and prizes will be awarded for: Greatest Potential for Social Impact ,Capacity for Combating Climate Change and Technical Prowess in Mechanical Engineering.
All submissions should be made to the online form that will be made available closer to the submission date.
Please submit any questions to.